Here's what we're up to in 2017. For past projects, check out our page: What We Do.
- Increasing opportunities for girls in sport. We recently launched The Girls Soccer Club of New York, which seeks to provide top-notch soccer instruction and small-sided leagues to girls within the five boroughs. This is a first for New York City. Most importantly (we think): We'll be providing free after-school soccer classes to girls living in homeless shelters (by Fall 2017), and we'll be covering the cost of league fees for girls living below the poverty line who play in our U-10 league (by Fall 2017).
- School construction in Ecuador. Following our successful project at constructing, staffing and supplying a school in a remote rainforest village (Wishi) in Ecuador, we're in the planning phases of a similar project in a neighboring village. [See Wishi.Org for more info.]
- Expanding to other cities. We're looking to expand Project Soccer programming to Albany, NY and Vancouver (Canada) by this fall.
- Offering more sports & social games in NYC. We're working with PlayNYC to offer bocce, petanque and tabletop shuffleboard (aka crokinole) leagues and tournaments (by Spring 2017). The emphasis is on competitive fun and post-game socializing at local bars, cafes and restaurants. As with our soccer leagues and schools, a portion of proceeds will go towards programming for under-served children.
- Please see our News page for the latest information on the progress we're making!
Please get in touch if you'd like to know more about any of these projects. We accept donations and are always looking for volunteers for each of them.